Sometimes it is easy to take our emotional well-being forgranted. An important question to ask is: Am I putting in enough to give off my best in my personal and work life?
Here are ten ways to exercise self-care and take better care of you:
- Self-care means knowing who you are and your limits.
- Self-care means getting the sleep you need and knowing how to rest.
- Self-care means making sure that you’re well fed.
- Self-care means finding a way to decompress throughout your day, not just when you leave work.
- Self-care means giving some thought to changing a difficult work situation.
- Self-care means taking time to get to know you better.
- Self-care means identifying what you enjoy doing and what’s fun for you and make a serious effort to integrate it into your day or, at the very least, your week.
- Self-care means knowing how to debrief from a day’s work.
- Self-care means feeding your spiritual self.
- And finally, self-care means taking time to love yourself and appreciating that there’s only one you and you’re the expert on that.
To access this resource please follow the link attached:
Aron, E. (1996). The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You. New York: Broadway Books and Three Rivers Press.